Saturday, June 7, 2014

Everything is Ending Pt. 2

Continuing to transcribe the events here from Muffin's point of view as taken from his own writing.

When I arrived with Megan and The Cold Boy to the area of The God's Way where the others were I found arranged before me the entirety of The Fears, with the exception of The Empty City and the obvious exception of The Quiet. The Unnamed Child was also missing and the reason why seemed obvious with my new knowledge. I wonder if she ever dared to travel through The God's Way. Again my mind took a couple of agonizing moments to settle The Fears into manageable forms. At this moment I did however notice some strange things about my own allies. The Liar of course was a Fear and so the same effect occurred there as well. Portnoy looked completely normal, but he had the same quality of seeming like just a picture imposed by my mind as The Fears did. He also seemed to glow slightly with some sort of internal light. Dr. Malice also appeared strange. It took me a time to realize it was him. He appeared as a man in his mid to late forties with greying hair, receding a little on the sides and in front. He had a wispy almost goatee and he was pixelated. The Cold Boy announced my presence and The Fears turned their attention to me.

I stepped forward to join my allies and gave The Fears as respectful a bow as my rebellious streak would allow and then launched into my glorious speech. It went something like this:

"Hey. So, I know you guys want to kill me and all, but I have a reason you shouldn't. I came here to meet you, but in order for me to inform you of why you shouldn't kill me I'm gonna need us all to pop into the normal world for a short period. That okay?"

Breath taking, right?

The Fears didn't seem happy, but obviously they were willing to hear me out because we were back in the normal world.

They say the imagination is a door to countless worlds. The Empty City sounded inside my head like the trumpet of revelations and a passage extended from behind me projected by my mind. A Door opened from my imagination and memory to link to another universe. Metaphors are fun aren't they.

At the end of the hallway stood a figure. I didn't recognize her by sight, but I knew who she had to be. With everything in place I began to explain. 

"The Empty City told me about another Universe. One where my plan succeeded. It took me there and showed me what happened. You're all dead there and so I imagine you didn't know about it. If you go speak to the figure at the end of the hallway she'll explain. Her name is Unikeia and she's your replacement in that other universe."

While The Fears went to speak to Unikeia and learn about the other universe, though I imagine she'd keep quiet about her own personal secret, I fell to my knees and Dr. Malice came to support me. Having a Fear use your head to open a path to a universe that should be impossible to reach takes a lot out of you.

I rested for a bit before The Fears returned. The Blind Man spoke. "This information is... Interesting and will be added to The Archive, but how does it prove we shouldn't kill you?"

"Because I'm not a threat anymore. I've seen what happens if you die. Things only get worse. I won't try again and you know how to stop my plan now if someone tries to enact it again anyway. So, I guess what I'm saying isn't that you shouldn't kill me, just that there isn't a reason to kill me and certainly no reason to kill my allies who never really did anything to you anyway other than save this entire universe. So, to sum up. We're not a threat, We saved you and this universe, killing us would be a dick move."

I waited for them to deliberate, but I already knew what the answer was going to be. Unikeia's appearance wasn't just to provide explanation and there was a reason we needed to create an actual connection to the other universe instead of just a projection. Unikeia would use her powers to help me convince them. Assuming other me's plan worked we had made her sole ruler of an entire universe and even a monster can be grateful.

The Fears decision came down exactly as planned and it was finished. The Fears would let us live. Megan was leaving which was... unfortunate, but she was happy about it so... I don't mind... Much. No clue what Portnoy and Malice will do and I... Well I'm going to go back to being The Muffin Man. 

All's well that ends well and stuff... 



No comments:

Post a Comment